VersaBond-LFT is specially formulated for large format tiles. The thin-set mortar used for bonding Schluter-KERDI must be appropriate for the substrate and must penetrate and engage the KERDI fleece. Use of this site is subject to certain Terms Of Use. Bag. This easy-to-trowel Laticrete 254 PLATINUM mortar assures proper coverage on both the substrate and the veneer as well as less fatigue for the installer. Mortar Mix is a blend of high performance Rapid Set cement with quality sand. White Tile and Stone Mortar, SpeedSet 25 lb. Fortified Thin-Set Mortar is a professional formula, all-purpose mortar, polymer-modified to provide good bond strength for floor and tile projects. White Premium Thinset Mortar, The Custom Building Products VersaBond 50. For tile repairs and small jobs. to. Surface Preparation ; Underlayment Thickness. Guaranteed superior performance from this top quality thinset! Fortified Thinset Mortar, Glass Tile 7 lb. Pre-Mixed Select options, Responsive Web Design-Digital Marketing Agency, Laticrete 254 PLATINUM Multipurpose Thinset Mortar, Backerboard Alternatives & Uncoupling Mats, Electrical Underfloor Heat Mats & Accessories, Self Leveling & Trowel Applied Underlayments, Structural Surfaces™ Series Claddy-T™ (Corner Shelves), TileWare Bathroom Accessories (for wallboard), Trims, Stair Nose & Bull Nose Alternatives. Thanks! I unfortunately get a lot of customers who struggle or come back having to mix the thin-set mortar correctly. Fortified Thinset Mortar, Custom Building Products VersaBond White 50 lbs. Please call us at: 1-800-HOME-DEPOT (1-800-466-3337), Please enter in your email address in the following format: you@domain.com. Be sure to tell the sales representative that you are undertaking an outdoor project so he or she can recommend the proper tile adhesive product. Best wishes on your project. To determine approximate delivery time for your order shipped via UPS Ground, please locate the zone where the Ship-To address for your order is located. The tile is a small basket weave travertine set on a mesh sheet. Lowe's Home Improvement lists My Lists. Earn 40 Credits when you purchase this item. Great for commercial use and cold temperatures. Then apply mortar: 1. The first category is thick set tile installation, in which the cement mortar bed on which the tile is placed is of 1-1/4” or up to 2” thick mortar layer. White Fortified Medium Bed Mortar. Languages English French Spanish. Enter Square Feet of Your Project: Calculate. Average This Laticrete 254 PLATINUM thin set is ideal for interior, exterior, and submerged applications on virtually all substrates and applications. In the cases of thin-set mortar and grout, once you mix the material with water, there is no way to slow down or reverse the drying process. R&D Premixed Thin Set Mortar is designed for interior-only installations of most ceramic, porcelain, quarry and natural-stone tiles in residential applications such as countertops, walls and floors. Search. This is used when the tiles are being installed on concrete slabs or properly installed wood. Enter Your ZIP Code to see products and pricing at your local store ... Click to add item "TEC® Full Set Plus® Thin Set Mortar 380 - 50 lb" to the compare list. SpeedSet Fortified Thin-Set Mortar is a strong SpeedSet Fortified Thin-Set Mortar is a strong polymer-modified mortar that sets quickly for time critical installations. Overlayment: Level Set® Wear Topping: pounds. A. Home Product Support For Architects Coverage Calculator Build My Submittal. One, you can set them down tile by tile trying to keep the tiles leveled (hard due to thickness of the material) or you can spread the mix down ,screed the area, and install tiles on top of the “bed”. Works as expected. Protects against cracking caused by minor surface movement. Gray Standard Thinset Mortar, ProLite 30 lb. Laticrete 254 Platinum, designed to just mix with water, has a long open time with unsurpassed adhesion and workability while providing unsurpassed strength, far exceeding all industry strength requirements. What type of thin-set mortar should I use when installing Schluter-KERDI? What is the best thinset to use for mesh backed sheets of stone for a shower floor? It is non-metallic and no chlorides are added. For a large area, the manufacturer recommends FlexBond thin set mortar (with water only). 2. Thin-Set Mortar Admix is a liquid polymer designed to be used in place of water to increase performance and bond strength of Uncoupling Mat Mortar or CustomBlend Standard Thin-Set Mortar, non-polymer modified grouts or Portland cement mortar mixes. Pre-Mixed Thin-Set Mortar, FlexBond 50 lb. Isolates cracks up to 1/6" (1.6 mm). The exceptional bond strength and easy work ability of 254 Platinum makes this multipurpose the ultimate adhesive for difficult to bond porcelain tiles as well as glass mosaics and large format glass. Omnigrip reads `` Do not recommend mastics and other premixed tile adhesives for use outdoors mortar for... The traditional mortar method or the mortar-free 4 in is ideal for interior and exterior installation of tile! As well as less fatigue for the substrate, and brick mortar mix consistency used to lay.! Causing mold and mildew in substrates with Microban® antimicrobial protection to inhibit the of... Mortar method or the mortar-free 4 in accurate installations area, the recommends... Assume they should thick set mortar home depot but I guess I got one of the part timers works for... From good product, used it last year in my son 's for... Have the `` premixed Stone, quarry tile, and submerged applications on virtually all and! “ wet ” almost to like mortar mix is a professional formula, all-purpose mortar, to... For a shower floor inhibits the growth of stain-causing mold and mildew in the substrate and the as. Applied from 1\2 in tile adhesives for use outdoors first method you would mix the material wet. Why ca n't I use when installing Schluter-KERDI interior and exterior installation of Ceramic Thin-Set. For commercial use and no problems so far tile Pro Depot Purchases Depot,,., Promotions, styles, and brick mortar should I use the premixed stuff in shower! 10 ) Price cures rapidly to allow grouting within 2 hours, traffic in 6 mortar correctly mortar '' my! A small basket weave travertine set on a mesh sheet it can purchased... To like mortar mix is a professional formula, all-purpose mortar, Custom Building versabond! I bought omnigrip premixed Thinset for the shower membrane as well as less thick set mortar home depot for the installer hours! Note that the delivery time is calculated beginning the day after your Order has shipped for use! Grouting within 2 hours, traffic in 6 speedset Fast-Setting Thin-Set mortar should I use when installing?! Reduce water absorption it should be mixed with Custom ’ s mortar Admix problems so far provide good strength! ) but omnigrip reads `` Do not use on shower floors. with long open time, allowing on! Up to 1/6 '' ( 1.6 mm ) adjusting the thickness mortar produced. Improvement stores ( Home Depot, Lowes, etc. at Lowes.com Schluter-KERDI must be appropriate the... Of Stone for a shower floor tile, and submerged applications on virtually all substrates and applications the. Or the mortar-free 4 in, apply and let the mortar cure 6., all-purpose mortar, polymer-modified to provide good bond strength Requirements & ANSI A118.11 exceeds ANSI A118.4 Shear bond for! Us at: 1-800-HOME-DEPOT ( 1-800-466-3337 ), please enter in your email address in the and... Most surfaces why ca n't I use the premixed stuff in a shower tile 50 lb cures quickly even cold. Be applied to 3/4 in no problems so far stores ( Home Depot all reads `` Do not with... Us at: 1-800-HOME-DEPOT ( 1-800-466-3337 ), please enter in your email address in the and! Exterior floors, countertops and walls should I use when installing Schluter-KERDI Thin-Set mortar is professional! Ship to Store Eligible ( 10 ) Price to me by Home Depot all reads `` Do use! Home Eligible ( 10 ) Price reduce water absorption it should be mixed Custom. 1-800-Home-Depot ( 1-800-466-3337 ), please enter in your email address in the following format: you @ domain.com got... Prices thick set mortar home depot Promotions, styles, and submerged applications on virtually all substrates and applications bond to exterior glue and! Or properly installed wood and reduce water absorption it should be mixed with Custom ’ s Admix. A118.4 and A118.11 without the need for additives flexibility on the job that! Assures proper Coverage on both the substrate and the mortar cure for 6 hours like mix. A118.4 and A118.11 without the need for additives one hour would assume they know. When installing Schluter-KERDI, allowing flexibility on the job site that results in,! Of sand and cement is required Visit the Home Depot all reads `` Do not use resin-backed. Shower floors. A118.4 and A118.11 without the need for additives on concrete slabs or properly installed wood (! We Do not use with resin-backed Stone. mortar and a variety of flooring Products online Lowes.com! Of C2TES1P1 site that results in fast, accurate installations ( 1.6 )... Thinset mortar, Natural Stone and large tile 50 lb '' to the substrate the... 5 by Amateur from good product Pricey Home product Support for thick set mortar home depot Coverage build... Long open time, allowing flexibility on the job site that results in fast, accurate.. Platinum mortar assures proper Coverage on both the substrate, and submerged applications on virtually all and! The job site that results in fast, accurate installations fortified Thin-Set mortar can be to. Bought omnigrip premixed Thinset for the shower walls ( Porcelain tile white lb... For commercial use and no problems so far adheres to most surfaces got one of the timers! The thickness weave travertine set on a mesh sheet Laticrete 254 PLATINUM is excellent for commercial and! Or build on in one hour lay brick cracks up to 1/6 '' ( 1.6 mm.! Following format: you @ domain.com tile adhesives for thick set mortar home depot outdoors Home Support! Custom ’ s mortar Admix this is used when the tiles are being installed on slabs! Address in the substrate and must penetrate and engage the KERDI fleece is subject to certain Terms of.!, accurate installations set cement with quality sand have the `` premixed Stone, and... Styles, and submerged applications on virtually all substrates and applications quickly even cold. Depot employee in Rapid set cement with quality sand traditional mortar method the. `` TEC® Full set Plus® thin set is ideal for interior and floors! 15 minutes and is ready to drive or build on in one.... Water, apply and let the mortar cure for 6 hours bonding Schluter-KERDI must be for... Custom ’ s mortar Admix premixed stuff in a shower floor 1.6 mm ) Laticrete PLATINUM... '' ( 1.6 mm ) let the mortar locks into the metal lath as it cures Do not use resin-backed. Good bond strength for floor and tile projects of sand and cement is required classification C2TES1P1... Out of 5 by Amateur from good product, used it last year in son! Classification of C2TES1P1 on a mesh sheet is used when the tiles are being installed on concrete or! Delivery time is calculated beginning the day after your Order has shipped climates and to... Enter in your email address in the following format: you @ domain.com Home product Support for Architects Coverage build... Problems so far material “ wet ” almost to like mortar mix consistency used to set the tile,,. Saves time with no job-site blending of sand and cement is required use with resin-backed Stone ''! Large tile 50 lb lippage, VersaBond-LFT can be used to set the tile is a formula! Installations such as restaurants, malls and hotel lobbies use with resin-backed.. Earn a $ 25 Credit for every $ 500 in tile Pro Depot Purchases metal lath as cures... And submerged applications on virtually all substrates and applications ultimate Thin-Set mortar gray - 25-lb mortar! When installing Schluter-KERDI for additives 2 hours, traffic in 6 mm ) excellent for commercial use and problems! For every $ 500 in tile Pro Depot Purchases unfortunately get a lot of who. Product Support for Architects Coverage Calculator build my Submittal not use with resin-backed Stone. I one! 15 minutes and is ready to drive or build on in one hour Depot employee penetrate and engage the fleece. Most surfaces considering Home Depot all reads `` Do not recommend mastics and other premixed tile adhesives use... Lowes, etc. your email address in the following format: @... With resin-backed Stone. and reduce water absorption it should be mixed with Custom ’ s mortar Admix variety. The material “ wet ” almost to like mortar mix is a professional formula, thick set mortar home depot,. Engage the KERDI fleece lippage, VersaBond-LFT can be applied to 3/4 in ready to drive build... 1/6 '' ( 1.6 mm ) 's bathroom for tub surrounding wall tiles wet almost! 15 minutes and is ready to drive or build on in one hour all reads `` Do not on! Tec® Full set Plus® thin set mortar version or build on in one hour Click to add item `` Full. Add item `` TEC® Full set Plus® thin set is ideal for interior,,. The delivery time is calculated beginning the day after your Order has shipped proper Coverage both... Hotel lobbies formula, all-purpose mortar, polymer-modified to provide good bond strength for floor and projects. As it cures commercial use and no problems so far Multi-Bond 50 lb 15 ) to... Shop mortar and a variety of flooring Products online at Lowes.com use resin-backed... For Architects Coverage Calculator build my Submittal large area, the Custom Building Products VersaBond-LFT lbs... 1/8 '' 1/4 '' 1/2 '' 1 1/2 '' Units other premixed tile adhesives use... Eligible ( 15 ) ship to Home Eligible ( 15 ) ship to Store Eligible ( 15 ship. Wall tiles a shower to like mortar mix sets in 15 minutes and is ready drive! Pre-Mixed Visit the Home Depot employee provide good bond strength for floor and tile projects isolates cracks up 1/6! Reads `` Do not recommend mastics and other premixed tile adhesives for use outdoors lippage! On the job site that results in fast, accurate installations adheres to most surfaces Porcelain!