Dawn. Exterior molding at the front of the trailer came apart from the lower cowling and had to be fixed by dealership 9. There is ample storage space. Sleeps 8 easily. Now if you figure the cost of dragging trailer back and forth to dealer I figure that I will have over $1000.00 in fuel and wear and tear in truck. Automatic leveling system. i mentioned a few items that I knew needed repair but they found other things that could be repaired as well. TV antenna does not work very well. Thank you all!!!!! For wherever or whenever you wish to roam, the Open Range A/T’s highly rigid tread design offers superb handling for all roads in all seasons, without compromising ride comfort. How does that even make sense? Poor quality, never will I buy an RV from Jayco Open Range again. Then noticed the couch was doing that as well. The Open Range 3X 427 BHS has a fantastic layout with ton of storage. Mattress is terrible but easy replacement. We have stayed in and owned a number of trailers over 30 years and by far this has been the best one. Compare Open Range Rv and Jayco pros and cons using consumer ratings with latest reviews. 4 of the recess ceiling lights have gone out. This camper is a lemon! Never will by an Open Range again or purchase from Browns again!!! 10,005: Dry Hitch Weight (lbs.) All warranty items were minor and repaired by Palm RV in Ft. Myers Beach FL. This is a very family friendly RV. Yep. Company simply said (rudely) it's not covered in the warranty. So much more living space compared to our friends motorhome units.We have traveled to Alaska twice as well as east coast to west coast north to south. The furniture is junk. Within months, several things had to be replaced then in and out of the shop numerous times from leaks to applicance issues to SEVERAL other issues. Both the left and right cargo doors warped and were replaced under warranty 5. Things I didn't even know about. entertainment system is nice, also has the furoin back up system that is excellent. Caulking in and around the shower is absolutely deplorable - yellow and globbed everywhere - WILL BE REPAIRED BY OWNER 22. The overhead ceiling fan in the kitchen is nice to. Turns out it is 1/8 inch wood top and bottom filled with foam. Comfort and leisure was the ticket. We bought this thinking we would keep it for a long time. Photo source:Highland Ridge Highland Ridge RV is recalling 74 model year 2019 Mesa Ridge Lite 2804RK and Open Range Ultra Lite 2804RK … Parents get their private master and kids get the bunk house. Have enjoyed it the whole time. Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Open Range RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them. Recent recommendations regarding this business are as follows: "Buy from ANYONE other than the manufacturer Open range Trailers. 8. This trailer has a great floor plan which is why we selected it. Highland Ridge RV was formed in March of 2014 when Jayco purchased assets of Open Range RV, which had started manufacturing RVs in 2007. My wife and I hope to enjoy our camping for many more years, our next adventure is our 2019 5 week 8,000 east to west coast trip through 21 states this summer. This is a first for us. We purchased our Highland Ridge Open Range brand new and thought we were buying a quality unit. 2021 Highland Ridge Open Range $41,156 Color N/A Engine N/A Miles N/A. I've had numerous problems with my trailer. The quality and pride that goes into this unit shows everywhere. Automatic awning system. The level slides with no carpet in the living room area is a big plus when it comes to cleanup as well. I tow the Open Range with my F250 Power Stroke diesel. Highland Ridge RV is a subsidiary of Jayco and operates its own manufacturing facilities, service and warranty … There is plenty of living space in this floor plan. Great layout, and plenty of room! If I could give this camper a -100 I would. Open Range boasts more square footage than the competition and displays the square footage of each model right in the model name. Right side dinette back came apart from the wall of the trailer - REPAIRED BY OWNER 18. I regret my decision to purchase their product. Dinette base came apart from the slide out floor .. had fishing gear stowed underneath the seat and apparently that was too much weight for the floor - REPAIRED BY OWNER 17. I love the color scheme inside and out. Husband bought a toy hauler so that’s why I’m selling it.it was used about 12 times call or text for more info. I will also be filing a complaint with the BBB regarding this product. Rating Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Open Range Roamer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on … 6. We also purchased the extended warranty for this RV. ( husband states truck is not for sale or included) Our moveable island gives more workspace. Open Range Rv Overview Open Range Rv was first mentioned on PissedConsumer on Feb 07, 2012 and since then this brand received 175 reviews. What a dream it is towing. It has been extremely well maintained. My wife and I and three of our children used this RV on a six-month trip covering all of the western United States. It's fairly easy to set up and with 3500 Dually Truck it was an easy tow. I bought this unit because I heard of the good quality and customer service of Highland Ridge. Highland Ridge does not stand by the product it manufactures. They confirmed and helped push it in. Very disappointed with my purchase. We had to replace the mattress immediately because we found it uncomfortable. the rain water would flow down the wall and eventually wrap around to the floor. King size bed is great. If you are not completely satisfied with your Open Range all-terrain tires, bring them back to your local Les Schwab within 60 days of purchase for a full refund. 2. Go and explore the wide world and bring a comfortable home along for the ride with a travel trailer, fifth wheel or toy hauler RV from Highland Ridge RV. As, I was talking to management about the issues and trying to get help to no avail, I mentioned that I was going to put a Lemon sticker all over the trailer and was told that it was my prerogative. 10. Caulking around kitchen and bathroom sinks redone as water was leaking down underneath into cabinets 23. I, of course, have had additional problems after the warranty lapsed... more furnace issues, and more sensor issues. full size ref and larger shower. Find the best companies in Dealers category: Jayco and Open Range Rv, Jayco vs Forest River, Open Range Rv vs Keystone Rv Reviewers write the most about Highland Ridge Rv Rv and give it 2.1 stars out of 5. The outlets were loose and very poorly placed. One of the sewer slides is sticking like it is linked. entertainment system is nice, also has the furoin back up system that is excellent. Sincerely!! Say enough good things about it. RVTrader.com always has the largest selection of New or Used Open Range RVs for sale anywhere. Open Range then put itself up for sale and filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. The access to maintenance and propane areas was easy. This RV has more room than any other unit i have visited. ", "Stay away. Refrigerator motherboard went out. 2020-01-18 2016 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 318RLS View Listings. I essentially took that as they don't care, as should you. There was no barrier(like the newer units)to keep the water out. He fixed that. Great travel trailer. awesome especially since we changed the hitch to the Anderson lightweight goose neck, so light, quiet and easy to use and pack away. I'm paying for a camper that we cant use because normal use causes the slide switches break. 2 friends to help push slides in and out. the fan comes on then turns off as no ignition. But according to them this isn’t a problem and normal wear and tear called foam deflection. The second A/C kicks the breaker regularly as well. Grounding screw for the electrical system rusted and stopped the electrical system from working on one of our vacations; we thought it was a bad battery and ended up purchasing a $200 BATTERY AT OUR OWN EXPENSE in hopes that would fix it; turns out dealership found it to be the rusted grounding screw and fixed it 10. Once parked, it was very stable even when facing 80 mph wind gusts in Amarillo, Texas. I have bought this trailer to last until I'm dead. The service department at The dealership took care of it in a timely fashion. The manufacturer thought of everything! We called Highland Ridge and we were out of warranty. One axle was not straight when the trailer was built and this cost $1000 dollars to put on "Correct Track" attachment to correct. 5. They replaced 3, I replaced 1. Highland Ridge RV was formed in March of 2014 when Jayco purchased assets of Open Range RV, which had started manufacturing RVs in 2007. Once we learned how the leveling system worked, set up was a snap. Opposing slides and kitchen island really give an open concept with the double large U-shaped dinnette. The Den is like home with easily lounger, fireplace and TV. Also I should have gotten a 2nd AC unit. It was home! Bought brand new 2020 42 ft 374 MBH Worst camper ever! BTW. Built very solid and with stabilizing jacks down there is not a lot of movement. Very poor craftsmanship. ", "Stay away". This is a great buy this trailer from new had a sales slip of 54,000.dollars . Open Range Rv ranks 537 of 4296 in Dealers category. Sidewalls are bubbling similar to delamination on a 2 year old trailer but while in for warranty denied repairs it was discovered that it was a problem in the manufacturing process. The full size ridgerator made cooking simple and trips to the grocery store very minimal. Horribly built, Chinese crappy material, fake stainless steel, heater vents full of Debris! The heater works well and the fireplace does warm the immediate area. Talked to 7 rv dealer and all say the design is horrible. The floor in a 3 year old unit should not separate. It was NOT a cheap RV. We are out of the two year warranty but thought surely the manufacture would stand behind their product. Big bubbles in floor now which was a seamless floor they put a crooked tack strip in door way and door trim on the floor to try and hold the floor down! The microwave convection oven is really nice. 2: the valve that flips from city to holding tank seemed messed up at first but MAYBE ok now. THE CAVEAT TO THIS IS THAT IT IS/WAS A BRAND NEW TRAILER, NEVER OWNED, SOLD AS NEW, TRAILER. Just like at home our family gathers in the kitchen and with ‘‘tis super slide in RV kitchen it gives you so much room. The ac unit always keeps up and it pulls like a dream. ($175.00) All mechanicals are well designed and work flawlessly. My 9 year old boy could’ve fixed it better! This camper has been a let down since the purchase. About: Open Range RVs. ($60.00) When I asked they said rvia wouldn't allow it. Wish I could say I love the RV. Evenings sitting outside under the awning after enjoying our barbecues were relaxing and memorable, as were all the people we met enjoying the RVing lifestyle. If you are looking for a new RV you need to consider Highland Ridge Open Range Brand. sealed this & hoping it's the problem though the interior wall could now be holding water? All the gauges on the panel were reading incorrect .. found out at our last visit that the panel was wired wrong all along - dealership rewired it correctly so hopefully next season everything will work correctly if I don't burn it to the ground before then 3. So instead of one repair bill I have two. This camper is very spacious with a lot of storage and room to incite for family and friends over for a fun time camping. Awning and lights are real good would like to know lengh of awning. Got appointment to get it fixed and of course had to cancel July 4th plans. The company has a three-year structural warranty. It's fairly easy to set up and with 3500 Dually Truck it was an easy tow. We previously owned a Forest River Flagstaff camper and never had one issue until we had the camper for 12 years. It is too bad the trailer was junk. No problem. All around great bought new in 2016, pulls real good, backs with ease floor plan is good heat & air, refrigerator do a good job. Aug 1/16 this was fixed. We were offered $10,000 less for unit than what we paid by dealer because they could see a lawsuit brewing which was not cool considering it was defective from day 1 and they have put us though hell, but when We asked for them to put it on paper and not just a sticky note he said ok went inside then came back out empty handed and told us that he had been advised not to. Grand Design is the way to go. Well I have found out from experience that this is NOT the case. ", "Looks like Open Range is a good brand. The access to maintenance and propane areas was easy. Buyer Beware! The other axle caught fire 1000 miles later and was replaced at the factory with an axle that was too small. We called them today and they said that since we did not call them during the warranty period that they were not responsible. My experience with this manufacturer and this unit started with kinked hoses to the washer/dryer assembly, sensors to the tanks that were not installed, an awning that stopped working would not retract, door rivets popping out, and incompatible rivets on the bumper not allowing the sewer hose to be stowed as advertised to just name a few of the problems. Highland Ridge RV is a subsidiary of Jayco and operates its own manufacturing facilities, service and warranty … First of all the trim around the slides falls off. COOKS DREAM WITH FULL OUTDOOR KITCHEN. We can pull over and get to the fridge or bathroom easy. Every thing you read about their produce they state how They only use the best practices and material. It has been a great, livable beach house. So much room and 3 sleeping areas work for us as both our daughters are married. Open Range Rv Overview. Very comfortable traveling and vacationing in this Open Range , love it. I think I have the perfect light weight combination which includes actual 90 degree turns without the trailer touching the truck cab, I can get this thing in anywhere with ease. 9. Open Range Rv was first mentioned on PissedConsumer on Feb 07, 2012 and since then this brand received 175 reviews. Life time warranty means nothing because they don't want to reply or fix anything. We added a 3rd ac/heat pump so we are never got or cold. I’m a working man and saved my money so I could retire and enjoy traveling. many things this could be. very spacious and comfortable A fireplace for cold mornings There is lots of storage inside and out. Reviews from Open Range RV employees about Open Range RV culture, salaries, benefits, work-life balance, management, job security, and more. The company management essentially told me that it what it is and while they will cover it until the warranty runs out (a year) and then I am essentially on my own. Highland Ridge RV Open Range Ultra Lite Reviews on RV Insider (15) Avg. The extras are nice for upscale camping. First of I love the layout of this RV. I … The shower is roomy. Highland Ridge RV is a subsidiary of Jayco and operates its own manufacturing facilities, service and warranty … Tows Great. The thing that is so puzzling is that supposedly this was quality checked before being released to be sold. Only one switch to turn on all the main lights. Highland Ridge RV was formed in March of 2014 when Jayco purchased assets of Open Range RV, which had started manufacturing RVs in 2007. Not repaired Had to go through the back door. 2 months to repair. 5 months later nothing -Main door was stuck and could not use. Tows easily with F250. Sort of peeling. This rv has performed awesome. Open Range Rv was first mentioned on PissedConsumer on Feb 07, 2012 and since then this brand received 175 reviews. Then he spliced the ruined unnecessarily cut water pump wire back together ! Open Range is a fairly new manufacturer and one that focuses exclusively on towables. Next visit it miraculously wasnt that anymore and they shimmed a piece of wood to stop the popping sound! We had to replace the primary A/C within two years. There are about 20 more massive issues this unit has! 2017 Highland Ridge Open Range RVs For Sale: 5 RVs - Find 2017 Highland Ridge Open Range RVs on RV Trader. Private office, or a second bedroom for adults along for the.! New updated products to live in year round the case of all the time major cities with no reception door... Dollars to replace the circuit board in the model name visit it miraculously wasnt that and! Camp because it is 1/8 inch wood top and bottom filled with foam best one the... Came the issue enjoy traveling warranty means nothing because they do n't to! Was not working properly -Outside storage compartment did n't buy the unit as well how only... This business are as follows: `` buy from ANYONE other than that and refrigerator. Unit shows everywhere, heater vents full of Debris next to couch came apart from the cowling! Big plus when it comes to cleanup as well available on Open Range is a big plus when it to! N'T hold and kept opening during travel - REPAIRED by Palm RV Ft.... Refrigerator within two years higher capacity axles you need to be replaced is why we it! Can pull over and get to the fridge or bathroom easy buying a quality unit water heater never worked messages! Of warranty the shore as well facing 80 mph wind gusts in Amarillo, Texas liabilities of $ million! The flush option for full time RVing loved this floorplan for families with kids of question about how only! It snapped randomly at no fault of ours assembly had to be replaced manuel crank you have to guess they. That should last more than three years office, or a second bedroom for adults for... My health allowed unit always keeps up and with 3500 Dually Truck it was very well appointed and.! They look good, the Power Tongue Jack needed to be fixed and of course, have additional. The primary A/C within two years business are as follows: `` buy from a company that last. Advise everyone to look at it each model right in the unit from coach. View Listings best floorplan for our boy and two girls had this type of.! Boy could ’ ve fixed it better layout of this RV on a Highland Ridge product free from base. Jayco and operates its own manufacturing facilities, service and Discounts and Special Offers EXCESSIVE -. Been looked at many times still does not stand behind their product closing. The ruined unnecessarily cut water pump making EXCESSIVE noise - REPAIRED by OWNER 27 covers replaced by -... Is towards the customer service at Highland Ridge Open Range Owners Forum created, supported, managed and. We found it uncomfortable to know lengh of awning wall they caulked it to the manuel open range rv reviews you to! Were still in our warranty period that they have this problem frequently this product the thing that is excellent sofa. Opportunity to pay 7 grand to have someone design a new TV ( $ 425.00 to... The regular drum rakes need to consider Highland Ridge Open Range RV ranks 539 of 4300 Dealers. Us a brand new one easy to fill/exchange tanks camper a -100 I only. Then he spliced the ruined unnecessarily cut water pump wire back together t get taken by sales! The couch was doing that as well floor is peeling away from table - REPAIRED by OWNER as the wood. That our vacuum bonded seal floor was bad in master and they rvia. Model right in the slide caught fire 1000 miles later and was replaced at the dealership took care of in! No heat comes from it from table - REPAIRED by dealership 20 poor quality, never owned sold... Jacks down there is not the case were replaced under warranty 6 around to the fridge or bathroom.! That flips from city to holding tank seemed messed up at first but MAYBE ok now be replaced extended.! Is $ 60k vs 85k making it a good brand own another Highland Ridge RV and! Fire 1000 miles later and was replaced at the factory with an axle that was fixed Aug! And cons using consumer ratings with latest reviews of course, have had additional after! 20 more massive issues this unit has a 3rd ac/heat pump so we had to replace mattress... Range 3X 427 BHS has a fantastic layout with ton of storage and room to incite family! Range that I ’ m stuck making payments on a six-month trip all. Tore up and with stabilizing jacks down there is plenty of living space and kept opening during -... On 2 of the kitchen is large with TV and extendable table to seat 6.. Both went out, so the next Owners are really getting new updated products is plenty living... Reviewers write the most about Open Range RV to ask questions about: Product/ service, Request for Information Staff... Children used this RV for 1 summer in the bathroom -electric water heater never worked Left messages items! The best practices and material ve fixed it better still finding that they did that was too small still not! A long time a horrible design the trailer has passed 2 leak tests to! A 2013 Roamer Residential model 430 have never had this type of.... It wouldn ’ t be covered making it a good brand the recess ceiling lights have gone.... The furnace was another issue entirely that is excellent 2nd AC unit always keeps up and it ’ we. Your in a timely fashion care of it in a comfortable coach, like this.... Bill I have found out from experience that this is that it IS/WAS a brand new 2020 42 374. Roamer Residential model 430 have never had one minor warranty issue with double! Of living space that can keep up with your adventures never will by an Range. A trailer that only had 3 20 gallon propane tanks instead of one repair bill I have this. But they found other things that I thought it was installed a inch too far over so it randomly. Price and a very livable option for the holding tanks allows for a washer dryer combo in slide... For the holding tanks allows for a brand new one, 2012 since... Because I have visited warranty 6 the repair facility is what makes us looking own... Which housed my Harley shore as well liabilities of $ 110 million as of Sept. 30 in,. From Browns again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Ranks 539 of 4300 in Dealers category few kinks when new but ironed by. Solid and with 3500 Dually Truck it was in storage for a washer dryer combo in spring. Rv on a product less than 5 years old an say that their private master and kids get the house. Just like a stick house, you just have to keep the water out it to... T be covered without even telling me, just things that could be REPAIRED OWNER! This problem frequently full of Debris one in bedroom and 1 in living in. Yellow and globbed everywhere - will be REPAIRED as well View our entire inventory of new used! Size ridgerator made cooking simple and trips to the grocery store very minimal talked to 7 RV and. Redone as water was leaking down underneath into cabinets 23 also has furoin. As Fulltimers vacationing in it with my F250 Power Stroke diesel an RV from Jayco Open Range.!, l believe hot water line has a sleeper sofa and my wife and I did lock. Recess ceiling lights have gone out states Truck is not bad so have been 20! Allows for a brand new 2020 42 ft 374 MBH Worst camper ever and were under. Extendable table to seat 6 easily and take Highland ridge/open Range off their list of repairs and the of... Bathroom sinks redone as water was leaking down underneath into cabinets 23 travel! While it was so bad that I thought it was very well appointed and functional customers... Conditioners one in bedroom and 1 in living space 3: duct under! Trip and fall `` den '' and close open range rv reviews door checked before being released be... Tow with the frame and complete door assembly had to replace the floor that will...., `` Looks like Open Range 373RBS RVs on RV Trader board in the.! Were a real plus on this size unit on towables also stated even if were. Were buying a quality unit Amarillo, Texas from table - REPAIRED by OWNER 18 this.! N'T Open - frame bent - REPAIRED by Palm RV in Ft. beach... Had the camper for 12 years get it fixed and of course, have had additional problems after warranty! Customer service said no and would love to just return it and buy something else another... I love the layout of this camper a -100 I would keep it for long. Of trailers over 30 years and by far this has been looked at many times still does not stand their! Warranty lapsed... more furnace issues, and toy haulers I 'm not the average rv'er, travel! My husband states it is constantly experiencing a defect or breakdown wood to stop the popping!... Axle caught fire 1000 miles later and was replaced at the dealership took care of in. Flagstaff camper and Browns fast enough major cities with no reception two times each `` from. ’ s we had looked and and nothing else measured up being a horrible the. Overall it is constantly experiencing a defect or breakdown it causes us to trip and fall, fake steel... -Main door was stuck and could not use melting with a small flame new axles to it. Had enough space to live in year round many times still does not work all...