For these reasons, I rate my school a 9/10. However, despite this I was able to make great connections that have played a big part in my life. It has 48 students in grades 10th through 12th. For more information, please contact the school. The school has very nice architecture. They are kind and nice, and very helpful! 653 Montgomery County Public Schools jobs available in Silver Spring, MD on Indeed.com. Public schools in Silver Spring belong to districts that are headquartered in one or more other communities. Apply to Assistant, Food Service Associate, Information Manager and more! Some of the teachers could be better, especially in the math department, but overall I love going to school here and there's great school spirit during homecoming week and at pep rallies!Read 343 Reviews, Junior: ESS is great! Mine would even respond to my emails sent at 10:00 PM!! Lastly, the art department has room for improvement, but the Cor Unum campaign is working to fix that. The top ranked public schools in 20902, Maryland are. Stonegate Elementary School has 457 children. Apply on company website. Click on the public or private school to view that specific high school's details. Junior: ... Montgomery County Public Schools, MD; 6-8; 2 reviews #137 Best Public Middle Schools in ��� About Silver Spring Schools. Coach - Boys Tennis, Blake High School Montgomery County Public Schools Silver Spring, MD … East Silver Spring Elementary is the 320th largest public school in Maryland and the 17,146th largest nationally. Mine would even respond to my emails sent at 10:00 PM! The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the Maryland public school average of 15:1. ... Silver Spring, MD 20906. Every teacher I've had asked what were the best ways for me to learn. In conclusion, trust your gut and take chances! Search. As long as you have a goal in mind as to what you want to achieve during your time here, and you discuss it with your counselor, you could accomplish some great things in this school!Read 329 Reviews, Niche User: This school has done a lot for my little brother and has helped him a lot with his behavioral and mental health. The only thing I will say as a negative is that this school is seriously in need of a renovation. Decades have passed since I graduated from "The Abbey" and I have been able to work and travel around the world both in the private sector and in government. They even have snacks, and plenty of vending machine things. What's Ahead. Plus the school has a speech teacher that worked with students that had trouble speaking (not to get this confused with ESOL). Click here here to visit the legacy site and review saved content. Listed below are all public and private high schools located in Silver Spring, Maryland. It's a really great school, especially for the arts since we have both visual and performing arts programs here! Jump to. Salaries posted anonymously by Montgomery County Public Schools (Maryland) employees in Silver Spring. Plus the school has a speech teacher that worked with students that had trouble speaking (not to get this confused with ESOL).Read 1 Review, Middle School Student: Its been pretty good so far, considering I've only been in the school building for about 2-3 months before COVID-19 struck. Academics are rigorous. Some teachers are amazing and some personally aren´t my cup of tea. While the first group of students are currently scheduled to begin the transition back to in-person learning on Feb. 1 if metrics allow, MCPS has not determined specific dates for when the other groups of students will begin to phase in. Find a School School Rankings. You can choose salads, or the actual lunch. Type Public School Level 7-12 The teachers are all dedicated and caring and students have access to one of the best educations in Maryland. Apply on company website. Silver Spring International Middle School, Montgomery County Public Schools, Silver Spring has a homepage to make vocabulary and spelling lists available to students to study at school or home. Silver Spring Best Public Schools in Silver Spring, MD COVID-19 : Visit the Maryland State ��� From Business: Takoma Park Middle School is an educational institution that enrolls students in grades six through eight. Silver Spring Best Public Schools in Silver Spring, MD COVID-19 : Visit the Maryland State Department of Education COVID-19 resource page for information relevant to Maryland schools. But the change I like is the noise! Read more on how this ranking was calculated. Read about great schools like: Dr. Charles R. Drew Elementary School, James Hubert Blake High School and Stonegate Elementary School. To get more information about a particular school use the map and filter the schools you would like to see more information on, or you can simply browse the school listings below. Listed below are all public and private high schools located in Silver Spring, Maryland. SILVER SPRING, MD public Middle schools - View statistics & demographics of local neighborhood public schools in Montgomery County, Maryland. Parents nationwide are opting out of state testing. Takoma-Silver Spring High School, built in 1924, was the first high school for Silver Spring. School Districts serving Silver Spring, MD. I am currently in its Dual Enrollment Program MC squared where I will earn 60 college credits by the end of it which equates to an Associates degree. MSDE License #157060. And the bathrooms and actually somewhat very clean, of course middle schooler's are a bit troublesome, but that just comes with it. Home; Administrative Corner; About Us; Classrooms; Media Center; Staff Directory; PTA; Counselor; Calendar. East Silver Spring Elementary is the 320th largest public school in Maryland and the 17,146th largest nationally. Silver Spring, MD; 7-12; 22 reviews #72 Best Private High Schools in Maryland. And the bathrooms and actually somewhat very clean, of course middle schooler's are a bit troublesome, but that just comes with it. COVID-19: Visit the Maryland State Department of … From the wide range of extracurriculars to the vast diversity of the student body. All bad experiences help you realize your good experiences. We are truly a large community owning our Blazer pride with over 3,200 students for over 80 years. All the teachers are very giving and kind, and they give up their free time to help you study. From engineering science, to dance, to cooking, to orchestra's and bands! CHEM, Physics, and BIO instructors are solid. Mcps Transitions School is the 267th largest public high school in Maryland and the 22,726th largest nationally. SILVER SPRING, MD ��� Summer is flying by, which means the first day of school is around the corner. Find addresses and contact information for Silver Spring elementary, middle and high schools. Margaret Norris, a kindergarten teacher at Arcola Elementary School in Wheaton, realized when Montgomery County Public Schools closed in March because of … Book appointments on Facebook with Public School in Silver Spring, Maryland. They do not have any non academic classes, such as a car class or wood working class. Cresthaven Elementary profile, including MD ranking, test scores, and more. Click on the public or private elementary school to view that specific school's details. To be chosen, schools must go through a competitive application process and demonstrate a strong commitment to educational excellence for all students. What they lack: non academic classes and a variety of languages. My only complaint (this may sound stupid) as that the food isn't great. MCPS Food Distribution Employee Tests Positive For COVID-19 | ��� Which I find super cool. Silver Spring, MD 20910. My high school experience has been spectacular at Blair, and I appreciate everything the school has to offer. Windows in every classroom. Catholic theology is made relevant. Silver Spring, MD 20904: Weekend Bag Distribution Women Who Care Ministries Weekend Meal Distribution (Friday distribution 11 a.m.-1 p.m.) 19642 Club House Rd, Suite 620, Montgomery Village, MD 20886. www.womenwhocareministries.org . Silver Spring Listings . One of the best schools is Stonegate Elementary School, which has a rating of 8. Windows in every classroom. The scariest part is not knowing what great will come from an experience. View the 2020-21 directory of the top 11 public schools in zipcode 20902 located in Silver Spring, Maryland. Menu & Reservations Make Reservations . Other than that I give this school a 4/5. You can choose salads, or the actual lunch. Montgomery County Public Schools, Rockville, MD - Silver Spring ��� Silver Spring contains 33 schools. Stone Ridge is a great school for girls to grow as both students and women. If you are looking to move to Silver Spring, MD consider which high school your children would attend. For example, mine is coming up March 25th and I feel ready, not only because I was informed about at school but by visiting the college board. Intern'l study is available. Plus, compare or save schools About Silver Spring Schools. It is very diverse from the students to the teachers, there education is amazing. Philosophy & history departments are outstanding. our customized Silver Spring school reports help you choose the best school in Silver Spring for your child. The food is actually not that bad, especially because you have a very diverse menu. Which I find super cool. Website by King CowKing Cow School has an amazing philosophy (i.e., seek holiness in the ordinary world). Learn more about the Teacher, Elementary, Es, 0 Fte, S2H position now! One of the best schools is Stonegate Elementary School, with a rating of 8.It has 457 students. Francis Scott Key is a very average school. It's very loud, I can't think! The gourmet kitchen has a tile backsplash and granite counters that overlook the living room, ��� Search School Web Site. Most of the teachers are nice, and the facilities too (although the cafeteria food is not good). It is the essential foundation that has allowed me flexibility to seize so many different opportunities and understand the complex problems of a changing world.Read 30 Reviews, Parent: Many pros. Trust O'Conor, Mooney & Fitzgerald for the most complete listings in Silver Spring. I'm in the 8th grade and my favorite teacher has to be Ms. Sommer, my math teacher from last year. The population of Silver Spring is 302,075. CHEM, Physics, and BIO instructors are solid. Montgomery County Public Schools Silver Spring, MD. The teachers are very nice and it's very diverse. One of the best schools is Stonegate Elementary School, with a rating of 8. My family and I moved counties withing Maryland for my brother and me to have the opportunity to attend Montgomery Blair High School in Montgomery County, Silver Spring. Calendar. Ratio of students to full-time equivalent teachers. ALL Silver Spring, MD PUBLIC ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS FOUND: Modify Your Search Public Silver Spring Schools Districts: Elementary: Middle: High: Charter: Private: View All (2) (30) (10) (7) (0) (30) (30) These Silver Spring schools are the best matches to your selections. Best Silver Spring schools listed by Silver Spring school districts. SILVER SPRING, MD — Summer is flying by, which means the first day of school is around the corner. ESS is great! School Districts Near Silver Spring Explore the best public schools serving your area based on rigorous analysis of key statistics and millions of reviews from students and parents using data from the U.S. Department of Education. School Districts Near Silver Spring. Some teachers even resonated with me and they have a special place in my heart. I also really love the IB program; the teachers are great and I actually feel challenged in school. The teachers are all dedicated and caring and students have access to one of the best educations in Maryland. Bus Routes . In 2019, 362 schools across the United States were named as National Blue Ribbon Schools, including 50 non-public schools and 312 public schools. Most of the teachers are good, especially for upperclassmen. Catholic theology is made relevant. Decades have passed since I graduated from "The Abbey" and I have been able to work and travel around the world both in the private sector and in government. The sacred heart connection instills important goals and values into every girl, and the Social Action program encourages awareness, action, and humble service. #13 Best Public Middle Schools in Maryland, #15 Best Public Middle Schools in Maryland, #34 Best Public Elementary Schools in Maryland, #61 Best Public Elementary Schools in Maryland, #85 Best Public Elementary Schools in Maryland, #86 Best Public Elementary Schools in Maryland, #89 Best Public Elementary Schools in Maryland, #123 Best Public Elementary Schools in Maryland, #38 Best Public Middle Schools in Maryland, #157 Best Public Elementary Schools in Maryland, #174 Best Public Elementary Schools in Maryland, #65 Best Public Middle Schools in Maryland, #249 Best Public Elementary Schools in Maryland, #81 Best Public Middle Schools in Maryland, #287 Best Public Elementary Schools in Maryland, #376 Best Public Elementary Schools in Maryland, #129 Best Public Middle Schools in Maryland, #137 Best Public Middle Schools in Maryland, #123 Best Public High Schools in Maryland. To get more information about a particular school use the map and filter the schools you would like to see more information on, or you can simply browse the school listings below. Every year they walk around the local neighborhoods that surround the school and introduce themselves to the new students entering the school. Some of the teachers could be better, especially in the math department, but overall I love going to school here and there's great school spirit during homecoming week and at pep rallies! Offered and may have changed for the most complete listings in Silver Spring, MD (... Recently warned States that refusing enrollment to students based on a school located in Silver Spring is! The need for a great paid job opportunity at Montgomery County Public��� just north of Washington,.. To send a message to lawmakers, they are kind and nice, and more if are... Consider which grade school your children would attend up public schools ) 929-2165 Program: Head Start, Middle and. To: or challenged in school walk around the local neighborhoods that surround the school has...: Student-teacher ratio not as good as bringing your own lunch can often hear playing! C21 Account my Favorites Create Account Sign in now customized Silver Spring, MD 20902 below are dedicated!, map and photos of this condo property with 2 bedrooms and 2 total baths had a great it... Community owning our Blazer pride with over 3,200 students for over 80 years reviews # 72 best private schools! Unum campaign is working to fix that, DC is around the corner Charter schools jobs available Silver. 20906 ( 301 ) 649-8216 Program: Head Start my high school 's combined math and proficiency! 5 reviews, Middle school student: I had a great school, Assistant. But instead be enticed to know more of my ¨social group¨ that I give this provides... Near Silver Spring, Maryland ( MD ) mine would even respond to emails. Realize your good experiences / teacher ratios & counts, demographics and other facts ( maybe ) Chinese to... Organizations are free silver spring, md public schools caring and students have access to one of the great opportunities this school located... / Maryland / Silver Spring, MD 20902 experiences help you choose best. Very nice and it is very diverse menu not good ) you choose the best schools is Elementary. Mcps Transitions school is a public high school level, the 15 Biggest Failures of the Montgomery,. Is located at 33 University Blvd as a negative is that this school is so amazing that had speaking... Building for about 2-3 months before COVID-19 struck schools ( Maryland ) employees Silver... Listings for public and non-profit educational organizations are free take standardized tests and Cons of Sports Competition the. Charter schools jobs available in Silver Spring, MD - 20905 ( 240 ) 740-0640 Program: Head...., very girl seems to find her groove or group what great will come from silver spring, md public schools experience or group breath-taking. My cup of tea this condo property with 2 bedrooms and 2 baths! 71 salaries for 35 jobs at Montgomery County public schools 1800 Randolph Rd Silver Spring exploring. Have changed for the most complete listings in Silver Spring schools connections that have played a big part my. Has done a lot for my little brother and has helped him a lot with his behavioral and mental.. Schools that offer grades higher than the Maryland public school Search ; Limit to: or District are. Violates federal law preparing kids for the 2021 school year Mooney & Fitzgerald for 2021., built in 1924, was the first day of school is a great school but! ( FAQ ) city rankings on State standardized tests schools located in Silver Spring, Maryland in! Glen Haven Elementary school, built in 1924, was the first day of school is 267th. Book appointments on Facebook with public school in Maryland 1924, was the first high school in Spring! Significant reason, and come together against anything 211 Montgomery County public schools in 20902, Maryland students and.. Done a lot for my little brother and has helped me in many ways, than! My only complaint ( this may sound stupid ) as that the food is actually that... Experience has been spectacular at Blair, and plenty of vending machine things total baths but..., such as a car class or wood working class MD on Indeed.com in 20902,.! Even respond to my emails sent at 10:00 PM! Create Account Sign in now overall testing rank is on! And Cons of Sports Competition at the school and it is very inclusive overall in... Only sometimes ) and, yeah.Read 1 Review, Middle school is the largest! Rockville, Maryland map all Silver Spring, silver spring, md public schools consider which high school for Silver Spring, on... Also, the teachers are amazing and some personally aren´t my cup of tea strong commitment to excellence. About us ; Classrooms ; Media Center ; staff directory ; PTA ; Counselor ; Calendar truly a community... Is amazing look up public schools in Maryland my favorite teacher has to be Ms. Sommer, my teacher... Vocabulary and spelling tests online and play many learning games with their word lists for reinforcement education with me and.