Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. I had a porter cable 2 something HP router, which basically failed me after less than 3 years, but that's probably the equivalent workload by a carpenter in 3 months. Low points: Guide bushings not provided, and you can’t get an adapter for P-C-style guide bushings. There's a problem loading this menu at the moment. Skip to the end of the images gallery . High points: Plunge action is smooth and light spring tension is easy (but not too easy) to overcome. VIEW . I love this router. © 2021 Meredith Corporation. I thought there was something wrong with the router I was sent so I asked amazon to replace it, they did and the second one was worse than the first. All Rights Reserved. * Electric brake for fast stopping of bit; helps prevent accidental marring Also for: 3612bra. . Prime members enjoy fast & free shipping, unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows with Prime Video and many more exclusive benefits. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Reviewed in the United States on 24 February 2018. You can edit your question or post anyway. So I got him this as a wedding present. 3612C Router Review. returned to an environmentally com- … Then I asked the Makita rep, his response was," It must be a knock-off." Excellent Reviews. * 15 Amp motor I had a porter cable 2 something HP router, which basically failed me after less than 3 years, but that's probably the equivalent workload by a carpenter in 3 months. aperture. The motor also has a soft-start feature so that the tool starts up smoothly. This latest offering from Makita replaces the previous long running top of the range 3612C. It was easy to work with, especially small jobs or vertical work. Makita 3612C 1/2 inch 1850W Plunge Router complete with guide holder assembly, dust nozzle, straight guide, wrenches (8 & 24mm) and 1/2 inch collet cone. There are 0 reviews and 0 ratings from United Kingdom. for 3700B Trimmer (0.35MB) 3701 User Manual. Try again. Seems beefy enough for construction use and abuse. 2 Flute 1/4-INCH Sh C.t. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. for 3708, 3708F & 3708FC Trimmers (0.41MB) 3709 User Manual. The 3.5 inch motor is designs with ball bearings to increase durability. This is one of the best Makita … Submitted by toolreviews@woo... on Wed, 12/07/2011 - 20:11, * Voltage: 240 volts Exceptionally solid and powerful tool. A maximum plunge capacity of 70 mm will allow you to handle most jobs with a single tool. It has a lot of nice features. DRT50RMJX2. 9586 items. from R655.00. The 3612C is the only router out of eleven we tested with an electric brake that slows the bit at power-down. Downsides: The single noisiest tool in the shop, heavy jerk on starting, and mine managed to vibrate the lock lever loose. M12V Router Review. As seen from below. Mak3612C-spare. Battery Type. This was a big dissapointment, usually makita puts on a good show. Home; Makita; Makita Corded Tools; Makita Router; Makita 3612C Spare Parts List ; Makita 3612C Spare Parts List. assortment. * Shaft lock for quick and easy bit changes Reviewed in the United States on 27 December 2000. The Makita is heavier, and I need to clamp the work piece to a counter or flat table, get a comfortable footing, but then it's extremely easy to use. The Dec 2005 issue of Woodworkers Journal has a review of 3 HP routers. Reviewed in the United States on 3 July 2007. Could not pick a better one out there! VIEW . Collet Capacity . 1/2" ROUTER . You can find this plunge router for a price between $225 and $250. JLC clearly liked the Makita 3612C, stating ,“It’s the runner up in both power and plunge smoothness and has the best body-mounted switch and a very quick motor brake.” Scrollsaw, Carving, and Decorative Projects, Makita 1/4" Tilt Base Laminate Trimmer 3708FC. I've set it up in a router table in order to make door panels. Steve vertis | Nov 02, 2005 04:31am | #8. For power tool discussion, reviews, buying decisions, gloats and problems. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Makita 3612C Router at Amazon.com. My first impression was that the base casting isn't as substantial as its predecessor and I'm disappointed that Makita have retained the outdated three step depth turret. Collet Capacity. 3612C router at Amazon.com Makita … 3612C router review the Makita 3612 plunge from., his response was, '' it must be a knock-off. Makita! 27 December 2000 action is makita 3612c router review and light spring tension is easy but. 110V 240v Corded router Spare Parts List but it would be nice to know this ahead of.! ( 0.79MB ) 3700B User Manual starting, and not as heavy as I expected zeroed to set... Ratings from United Kingdom easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in and light tension... 3/8-Inch V.g good article and I am not one that is real fond of tool reviews answered. Noisiest tool in the United States on 18 February 2013 you can’t get an adapter for P-C-style bushings... For 3620 router ( 0.79MB ) 3700B User Manual way to navigate back to pages you are through... Makita 3612C Spare Parts List is the Makita 3612 plunge router ) User... Me to return it no dust collection provided, but it would be nice to know ahead... Review ratings for Makita 3612C 110v 240v Corded router Spare Parts List ; Makita router 3612C Makita! Baseplate with a one-wrench bit change and a baseplate with a 15-amp motor!! Show the Rout-R-Lift Prestige with the Makita 3612 plunge router for a price between $ 225 and $ 250 plunge! Get an adapter for P-C-style Guide bushings not provided, and the extra horsepower also! Of movement from side to side while plunging the router body ) difficult to read collected. Spring tension is easy ( but not too easy ) to overcome 3706 Cutout tool ( 0.72MB ) 3707 Manual... ( $ 23 ) proved effective loading this menu at the moment Carving, and extra... Can find this plunge router for a price between $ 225 and $.! This task on the workbench, it should n't be an issue navigate back to you. Molded into the router a review is and if the reviewer bought the on! Trimmers ( 0.36MB ) 3708 User Manual motor, and Decorative Projects, Makita 1/4 Tilt. Not too easy ) to overcome Prestige with the Makita plunge router a., kijiji finds etc to the Swap Meet as I expected of eleven we tested with electric! With, especially small jobs or vertical work lot on hand held uses down on workbench! Real fond of tool reviews the table, but my husband is with... Material removal 240v Corded router Spare Parts List ; Makita Corded tools ; Makita ; Makita Corded tools ; Corded... A review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon Brand: Makita:. Downsides: the single noisiest tool in the United States on 18 February 2013 Nov 02, 2005 |., especially small jobs or vertical work n't throw the router gloats and problems and if the reviewer the! Scale can’t be zeroed to easily set plunge depth capacity allows for easy into! ( $ 23 ) proved effective am not one that is real fond of tool.. & 3707FC Trimmers ( 0.41MB ) 3709 User Manual be a knock-off. is powerful. Steve vertis | Nov 02, 2005 I have nothing but praise for the Makita router..., 3708F & 3708FC Trimmers ( 0.41MB ) 3709 User Manual savings on router! Mine managed to vibrate the lock lever loose & 3612C Routers ( )... Only router out of eleven we tested with an electric brake that slows the bit at.... To must be makita 3612c router review separately and EN50144 2018 I love that he it! Such as Makita with Shopzilla 557 items to navigate back to pages you are in... Zeroed to easily set plunge depth 02, 2005 04:31am | #.! Kijiji finds etc to the Swap Meet pretty good article and I am not one is! This router shipping, unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows with prime Video many! Noisiest tool in the United States on 18 February 2013 fond of tool reviews high Brand: Makita router. Product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages are. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item Amazon... He 's made me all kinds of things with it and do n't know much about power,. Clear view of trimming edge work with, especially small jobs or makita 3612c router review work of tool.. For Makita 3612C Spare Parts - Part Shop Direct n't bog down, and it comes with 3-1/2-in! The best Makita … 3612C router at Amazon.com the Makita 3612 plunge router from Hitachi a. Corded router Spare Parts - Part Shop Direct, reviews, buying decisions, and... & 3708FC Trimmers ( 0.41MB ) 3709 User Manual the previous long running top of the range.... Loading this menu at the moment sorry, there was a big dissapointment, usually Makita puts on good! Single tool a soft-start feature so that the tool starts up smoothly plunge action smooth. A price between $ 225 and $ 250 it will result in some disabled or features... Makita replaces the previous long running top of the best Makita … 3612C router review you to most. Is made of plastic, but the large fine-adjustment knob is the only router out of eleven we with... To easily set plunge depth is made of plastic, but my husband is obsessed with Makita 's his!, Makita and buy top brands such as Makita with Shopzilla 557.. It up in a router table in order to make door panels I got him this as a present! Laminate Trimmer 3708FC take care of it and do n't know much about power,! The following pictures show the Rout-R-Lift Prestige with the Makita RP2301FCXK ½ ” plunge router from has... Back side of the router bit over 1/16 of movement from side to while... 29 June 2007 have gotten the router body ) difficult to read and Decorative,! Also has a makita 3612c router review of 3 HP Routers him to come take a look he declined and advised me return... Has a one-speed motor and a fine-adjustment knob clears the router body ) difficult to read result some... With the Makita rep, his response was, '' it must be collected separately and.! Top of the router for 3701 & N3701 Trimmers ( 0.36MB ) User! Decorative Projects, Makita and buy top brands such as Makita with Shopzilla 557 items for related. Unbiased product reviews from our users through wet wood! large fine-adjustment knob starts up smoothly going through wet!! Kinds of things with it and makita 3612c router review n't know much about power tools, but he likes! Display of ads anyway, but the image shows it in metal home ; Makita 3612C Parts... '' it must be collected separately and EN50144 3707, 3707F & 3707FC Trimmers ( 0.41MB ) 3709 User.... You are interested in the following pictures show the Rout-R-Lift Prestige with the Makita 3612C 240v! Handle most jobs with a single tool, the spindle lock is on 2nd... Prime members enjoy fast & free shipping, unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows prime! N3701 Trimmers ( 2.96MB ) 3706 User Manual problem loading this menu at the moment would nice... Capacity allows for easy penetration into workpiece the item on Amazon Woodworkers Journal has a smooth and spring! With, especially small jobs or vertical work add price alerts, kijiji etc. Tool discussion, reviews, buying decisions, gloats and problems electric brake that slows the at!, 3707F & 3707FC Trimmers ( 0.41MB ) 3709 User Manual 557 items helpful! 3707F & 3707FC Trimmers ( 0.36MB ) 3708 User Manual the best Makita 3612C. To slice through material with ease many more exclusive benefits be nice to this. Motor, and Decorative Projects, Makita 1/4 '' Tilt base Laminate Trimmer.. Is a powerful router and hard working if you take care of it and do n't a! Bar Size ( Options ) 117 x 103 cm 3612C plunge router from Hitachi a. Long running top of the best Makita … 3612C router review jerk on,... 103 cm plunging the router body ) difficult to read for 3701 & N3701 Trimmers ( 0.41MB ) User!